If you have been following me, you know that I love Risotto! It is my comfort food and one of my go to’s on a cold, raining day. This week I tweaked my recipe for Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto, also throwing in some grilled veggies to the side. OH MY IS IT GOOD! I even has a grandson of a customer try it when they came by the studio. He said “It looked gross and I don’t normally like asparagus, but man is that good!” Huge shout out to Farm Fresh Carolinas for the Fresh Veggies (they really do make a difference). Also, be sure to watch my Fresh Tip Tuesday and learn some fun facts about Asparagus!
– 1 cup Arborio rice
– 8oz. (about 1 cup) fresh asparagus, coarsely chopped
– 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
– 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– 2 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock or water*
– 1 small onion, peeled, halved and chopped in Chop ’N Prep Chef
– 1 garlic clove
– 1 Tbsp. Italian Herb Seasoning
– 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated in Grate Master Shredder
- Rinse Arborio rice in strainer until water runs clear, about 30–60 seconds.
- Pour rice into Tupperware Microwave Pressure Cooker base and add vegetable stock, asparagus, onion, garlic, seasoning salt and oil. Seal and microwave on 70% power 13 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and set aside. (this allows the pressure to release naturally – until pressure indicator fully lowers – about 4–6 minutes.)
- Remove cover and stir in Parmesan cheese.
FOR THE GRILLED VEGGIES:
Put peeled carrots and asparagus in the MicroPro Grill. Drizzle with Olive Oil and Italian Herb Seasoning. Place Cover in the Grill position for 6 mins. DONE!
Get my Fresh Product Picks (Pressure Cooker, Chop N Prep, Grate Master and More) at www.twcorinne.com. Want to get it FREE? Date a Tupperware Party with me and you can get spoiled rotten. (At a distance? No worries, I do Facebook Parties too)