I have been obsessed with Tupperware’s Pressure Cooker lately. Since I am currently participating in the Whole Life Challenge I have been limited to things that are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free etc. I really wanted to make a Kale and White Bean Soup, but I didn’t want to wait for over an hour to get the good yummy flavors. So I pulled out my pressure cooker and came up with this. I hope you like it!
16-oz./455 g package dry cannellini beans or 1 16 oz can
1/2 small onion onion, peeled and quartered
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 stalk celery chopped
4 cups fresh chopped kale
1 tsp. Italian Herb Seasoning
3 cups vegetable stock
1 cup water
- If using whole dried beans, rinse beans, place in a bowl or base of Microwave Pressure Cooker, cover with water, and soak overnight. If you want to use canned beans just 1 can will work.
- Drain and rinse beans and place in base of Pressure Cooker.
- Place onion and garlic in base of Power ChefTM System fitted with blade attachment. Cover and pull cord several times to chop. Add to beans along with seasonings, kale and celery. Cover to maximum fill line with vegetable broth and water.
- Seal and microwave on high power 15 minutes. Remove from microwave and allow pressure to release naturally until red pressure indicator fully lowers, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley, if desired.