Colored Deviled Eggs
SERVING SIZE 2 DEVILED EGGS
6 hardboiled eggs, peeled
1⁄4 cup/60 mL mayonnaise
1 tsp. mustard, yellow or Dijon 1/8 tsp. coarse kosher salt Paprika for dusting
1. Cut the hardboiled eggs in half and remove the yolk. Set aside the whites.
2. Place yolks, mayonnaise, mustard and salt in base of Power Chef® System fitted with paddle attachment. Cover and pull cord until mixture is combined and smooth.
3. Pipe yolk mixture back into the empty cavities in the egg whites with the Squeeze It Decorator. Dust with paprika and serve.
TO DYE YOUR EGGS:
4–5 tsp. white vinegar Desired food coloring
6 hardboiled eggs, peeled *See my video for easy peeling*
1. Cut the hardboiled eggs in half and remove the yolk. Set aside for later.
2. Mix 1⁄2-cup/125 mL water, 1 tsp. vinegar and 10–15 drops of food coloring in a cup to achieve desired colors. Repeat for each desired color.
3. Submerge the peeled eggs in desired color and let sit for 5 minutes.Use a slotted spoon or tongs to add and remove eggs from dye.
4. Allow eggs to air dry and then fill with desired deviled egg recipe.
NATURAL TRICKS FOR EGG DYING:
For a pink color:
Using a can of beets, drain and reserve juice. Add 1 tsp. of vinegar to reserved juice and dip egg white halves for approximately 5 minutes.
For a yellowish color:Submerge the peel from 2 yellow or red onions in 4 cups of water in the 3-Qt./3 L Stack Cooker Casserole. Cover and microwave on high for 15 minutes. Carefully pour water into a cup and dip egg white halves for approximately 5 minutes.