Tupperware recently shared an amazing video on DIY Cereal Bars. Not the ones made with different cereal, but the grain and fruit bars like NutriGrain, etc. My girls love them for breakfast and we all know breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day!
On my last TV spot on Bounce TV I shared this great recipe of DIY Cereal Bars as a go to for Back to School. I hope you love it as much as they did (as well as my family.)
DIY Cereal Bars
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. table salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup honey
- 10 tbsp. desired jam for filling or 1½ cups fresh strawberries, hulled & chopped using the Power Chef.
- Place oats into base of Power Chef fitted with blade attachment. Cover and pull cord until oats are finely cut.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, both flours, salt and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, melted butter, vanilla and honey.
- Pour butter mixture into flour and stir until combined.
- Place dough onto Silicone Wonder® Mat and roll out until approximately ¼″/.6 cm thick.
- Trim off edges of dough with the edge of the Silicone Spatula to make a rectangle.
- Using the edge of the Silicone Spatula, make as many 3½ x 4″/8 x 10 cm rectangles as possible with the dough. Re-roll any remaining dough.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of jam or chopped strawberries onto each piece of dough. Fold dough into thirds to close the bar and gently press down the ends.
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C.
- Place bars onto baking pan lined with Silicone Wonder® Mat. If desired, sprinkle with oats and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Store in sealed container up to three days or freeze up to one month.
Check out the segment on BounceTV here if you want to hear the other great Fresh Tips I shared for Back to School 🙂
*recipe from blog.tupperware.com