Mother’s Day is right around the corner and those gifts don’t have to break the bank.
I know as a mom one of my favorite things is when my kids make things for me. **It makes my heart smile** I also love to be pampered because – lets be honest – what woman doesn’t.
This Fresh Tip will help you do both! This year, why not Make Your Own Sugar Scrubs and Bath Salts?
Making sugar scrub is really simple, and you can’t really go wrong with a recipe for it.
- 2 part sugar (white or brown sugar)
- 1 part oil (olive oil, coconut oil, etc)
- Optional: essential oils of your preference
I usually prefer my scrubs to not be quite as moist. If you like your scrub to be a bit creamier, just mix in extra oil.
- Mix all ingredients and store in an air tight container (hint hint, Tupperware.)
- Use 1 tablespoon as needed in the shower. Scrub skin with the mixture and rinse will. it will leave your skin feeling like silk.
- 2 part Epsom salt
- 1 part sea salt (olive oil, coconut oil, etc)
- essential oils of your preference (sandalwood, lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, etc)
- fresh herbs or juice that pair with your oil choice
- Optional: a drop or two of liquid food coloring
- Mix all the ingredients together with a fork, making sure to break up clumps.
- Use 1 tablespoon in the bath and relax.