Who doesn’t love anything with Butter? This Butter Shrimp and Orzo hit the spot any day! Today on Fresh Tip Tuesday I shared this super easy recipe that you can do in the Smart Multi Cooker from Tupperware in less than 15 minutes! ((I know right! I barely had time to pour my wine!)) I really love my Multicooker and when you get yours, you will as well.
Orzo is amazing and although it looks like a grain, yes, it is pasta. Great for you too as it is one of those great carbohydrates that is low in fat and has fiber, plus protein. Tupperware has even more recipes available for you at www.blog.tupperware.com or message me and I will send you my Fresh Picks custom for you!
BUTTER SHRIMP & ORZO
Serves: 4 Serving size: 5 shrimp + about ½ cup orzo
PREP: 10 mins
COOK: 10 mins + 5 mins standing time
20 jumbo fresh or frozen (thawed) shrimp,
peeled and deveined, with tails on
3 cups fresh baby spinach
¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
¾ cup orzo
FOR THE SAUCE:
4 tbsp. salted butter
4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
¼ tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper
1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1. Place shrimp in the shielded colander of the Tupperware® Smart Multi-Cooker, season with ¼ tsp. of the salt and set aside. Place spinach in the shallow colander and set aside.
2. In the base/water reservoir of the Smart MultiCooker, stir together remaining salt and orzo; add water to max fill line for steaming. Microwave, uncovered, on high power 8 minutes.
3. Remove from microwave. Place shielded colander with shrimp inside base (without removing orzo).
Cover with shielded cover and microwave on high power 2 minutes. Remove from microwave, add shallow colander with spinach. Cover with shielded cover and let stand 5 minutes.
4. To make the sauce, in the 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher, combine butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Microwave on high power 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Remove from microwave, stir in parsley, set aside.
5. Transfer shrimp to shallow colander with spinach. Drain orzo using shielded colander; return orzo to base, stir in shrimp and spinach. Add sauce and stir to coat. Serve Warm.
Order your Tupperware Fresh Finds at www.twcorinne.com, or message me at email@example.com/ today to schedule your own Tupperware Party (Facebook or in person) so that you can earn your products for FREE!