I love Fried Rice, and I love Cauliflower – so this simple, quick, gluten free Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe is my go to for a warm comfort food meal when I also need to watch my waistline.
It is super simple to make and super yummy too!
CAULIFLOWER “FRIED RICE”
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 scrambled eggs (sub tofu for a vegan option)
- 1 large egg
- dash of ume plum vinegar (or a pinch of salt)
- 1/2 small onion, diced fine
- 1/2 cup peas (can be frozen)
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup onion
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- Chop cauliflower using Tupperware’s PowerChef System (or by just pulsing some rough cut pieces in a food processor); the end product should resemble smallish grains of rice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large skillet over medium low heat until it liquifies. Add the onions and garlic and stir fry until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots, celery and cauliflower to the pan; stir fry quickly to cook the cauliflower to a soft (but not mushy) texture. Mix in Peas.
- Make a well in the middle, turn the heat down, and add the eggs. Stir gently and continuously until the eggs are fully cooked. Stir to combine all with soy sauce and enjoy.
Enjoy adding in your favorite protein and veg. Possible add-ins: baby corn, broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, water chestnuts, chicken, tofu, and shrimp!