This week on Fresh Tip Tuesday I made Chipotle Cheese Spread – Tupperware’s version of pimento cheese. MAN is this YUMMY! It may be because I am in LOVE with Tupperware’s Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend. Or that I really LOVE cheese – either way you have to try this recipe out.
I also shared some fun fresh tips about the origin of pimento cheese. For example, although pimento cheese is a southern staple for tea parties, showers, lunches and even as an app at the Masters, it was actually invented in New York State. I know right? In the early 1900’s Good Housekeeping shared one of the first recipes using cream cheese, pimentos, chives and mustard. It wasn’t till around WWII when georgia farmers started growing their own pimentos that the southern delicacy we know today emerged.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! Check out the live video and let me know what you want me to make the next time.
Chipotle Cheese Spread
- 1 whole (about 2-oz./60 g) jarred fancy pimento, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz./115 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp. Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
- Place pimiento into base of Power Chef® System fitted with blade attachment, replace cover and pull cord 2-3 times to chop.
- Add mayonnaise, cream cheese, shredded cheese (I shred mine using the GrateMaster Shredder from Tupperware) and seasoning blend to Power Chef® base. Cover and pull cord to blend until smooth.
- Place seal on base and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 3 days. Serve with crackers or on a sandwich.
Recipe found on blog.tupperware.com
Order your Tupperware Fresh Finds at www.twcorinne.com, or message me at firstname.lastname@example.org/ today to schedule your own Tupperware Party (Facebook or in person) so that you can earn your products for FREE!