Crispy Mexican Chocolate Truffles
Serves: 16 Serving Size: 3
Truffles Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute + 30-minute chill time
INGREDIENTS: 2 cups dark chocolate chips
1¼ cup heavy cream
4 tbsp. salted butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups crushed cornflakes, divided
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
CRISPY MEXICAN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES DIRECTIONS:
1. In the TupperWave® Stack Cooker 1¾-Qt./1.75 L Casserole, stir together chocolate, cream, butter, vanilla, 1 cup of the cornflakes and coconut. Microwave on high power 1 minute. Remove from microwave and cover; let stand 1 minute. Stir until melted.
2. Cover and refrigerate 30–45 minutes, or until truffle filling is firm and easy to scoop.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together remaining cornflakes, cinnamon and cayenne. Invert Stack Cooker cover and add cornflake mixture.
4. Scoop about 1 tbsp. of the chocolate mixture and form into a ball. Roll in cornflake mixture, gently pressing, until coated in cornflakes. Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture.
5. Place finished truffles on a plate or in an air-tight container and refrigerate 10–15 minutes, or until firm. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
GIFTING TIP: If gifting, stack dry ingredients in the Spaghetti Dispenser in the order of ½ of the chocolate chips on bottom, then add 1 cup of corn flakes, 1 cup of shredded coconut, and lastly top with the rest of the chocolate chips.