If you saw me this last week on WBTV you would know that tomatoes are in full swing and this simple and yummy Fiesta Gazpacho Recipe is perfect for all your local farmer’s market finds.
Fiesta Gazpacho is one of the recipes I share at our Passport to Flavor Tupperware Theme Parties. I had already known that tomatoes are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. In fact, they are said to be more beneficial to your health than apples! But after reading an article on the Huffington Post, I found they also can do more for your skin when sliced open. Check out their article to find out more about these 7 benefits and please enjoy the recipe below!
1. Cleanse and tone skin.
2. Shrink large pores.
3. Treat acne and remove blackheads.
4. Get rid of oily skin.
5. Remedy sunburns.
6. Add shine to a dull complexion.
7. Condition dry hair and relieve an itchy scalp.
4 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 cup tomato juice
2 tbsp. prepared horseradish
2 tbsp. Southwest Chipotle Seasoning*
2 garlic cloves, peeled
½ small red onion, roughly chopped
1 small cucumber, peeled and grated
½ jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
¼ cup loosely packed cilantro
½ tsp. coarse kosher salt
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
Optional toppings: Black beans Queso fresco crumbles Minced red onion Thinly sliced green onion Cilantro Sour cream Tortilla strips
1. Add tomatoes, tomato juice, horseradish and seasoning in the base of the Power Chef® System fitted with the blade attachment. Cover and pull cord until tomatoes are semi-liquid.
2. Add garlic, onion, cucumber, jalapeño, bell pepper, cilantro, salt and lime juice. Cover and pull cord until finely minced and consistency of a thick soup.
3. Divide mixture into four equal servings. Serve cold or at room temperature with desired toppings. *