I love risotto. It is a comfort food to me just like mac and cheese. The difference always was it would take me an hour to make it. That is, until Tupperware came out with their amazing Microwave Pressure Cooker and I could make it in less than 20 mins! This week on Fresh Tip Tuesday I went live and shared my favorite Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto. Watch the playback here and check out the recipe below. I hope you love it as much as my girls and I do 🙂
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
– 1 cup Arborio rice
– 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
– 4 oz. fresh asparagus, coarsely chopped
– 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
– 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– 2 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock or water*
– 1 small onion, peeled, halved and chopped in Chop ’N Prep Chef
– 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated in Grate Master Shredder
- Rinse Arborio rice in strainer until water runs clear, about 30–60 seconds.
- Pour rice into Tupperware Microwave Pressure Cooker base and add vegetable stock, mushrooms, asparagus, onion, salt and oil. Seal and microwave on 70% power 13 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and allow pressure to release naturally until pressure indicator fully lowers, about 4–6 minutes, before opening.
- Remove cover and stir in Parmesan cheese
So good. So easy.
Get my Fresh Product Picks (Pressure Cooker, Chop N Prep, Grate Master and More) at www.twcorinne.com. Want to get it FREE? Date a Tupperware Party with me and you can get spoiled rotten. (At a distance? No worries, I do Facebook Parties too)