March is all about Meal Prep on my Fresh Tip Tuesdays and today we made Tofu Burrito Bowls!! No matter what diet you are choosing, meal prep is essential for planning for your week of success. Just remember, at the end of the day, meal prep comes down to calories in versus calories out. This recipe takes less than 20 mins and is SOOOOO Super Yummy. Tofu really is amazing as it flushes toxins and improves digestion! It is thought to be one of the oldest foods in the world and has been said to help reduce the risk of cancer. Ladies, it even help reduce menopause symptoms. Check out my Fresh Tip Tuesday Clip here and remember you can always get my Fresh Product Picks at www.twcorinne.com.
Tofu Burrito Bowls (4 servings)
- 1 cup white quick cooking rice
- 8 oz extra firm tofu* or chicken fillets, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 2 tbs southwest chipotle seasoning or taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, or 1 cup fresh diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- ½ sweet yellow or red onion
- 1 jalepeno, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place rice into the base of the Smart MultiCooker with 2 cups water.
- Toss tofu and red pepper in 1 1/2 tbsp of your seasoning of choice. Place into Smart MultiCooker Large Shielded Colander. Stack on Low Colander and add in corn kernels (I like to add some more peppers as well). Cover and microwave for 15 minutes.
- Make your salsa: In the Tupperware Powerchef combine onion, garlic and cilantro. Mince until desired consistency. Remove top, then add tomatoes, 1/2 tbsp Seasoning and lime juice. (I use the Tupperware Zest in Press). Mince again until combined.
- Add beans to salsa, then mix with the corn. Divide into Crystwave or Vent N Serve bowls with the rice. Divide tofu/chicken mix into bowls**. Fill with remaining serving suggestions of your choice, or prep to the side using one of Tupperware’s other amazing solutions.
Serving side suggestions: corn chips, grated cheese, sour cream, avocado/guacamole, salad leaves, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, refried beans or hot sauce.
- Tofu can be found at your local health food shop or in selected supermarkets. You can even purchase it already cubed.
- If using chicken, slice before adding to bowls.
- If corn is undercooked, return to microwave for a further 3 minutes.
- Want to feed more using this recipe? Simply add ingredients to burrito wraps instead of bowls.
Remember you can order your Tupperware Fresh Finds at www.twcorinne.com, or message me at firstname.lastname@example.org/ today to schedule your own Tupperware Party (Facebook or in person) so that you can earn your products for FREE!