Jackfruit is an exotic fruit grown in tropical regions of the world and a great vegan meat substitute. It contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need, as well as a decent amount of fiber and shown to help fight cancer. Jackfruit is also shown to help control blood sugar which is why this SUPERFOOD is my Fresh Pick for this week’s Fresh Tip Tuesday. I made a version of this BBQ Jackfruit Sliders – IE the BBQ Chicken Sliders – in the pressure cooker on WBTV and it had rave reviews.
Try it out and let me know what you think 🙂
BBQ Jackfruit Sliders
¾ cup ketchup
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. molasses
1 tsp. chili powder
20 ounces Young Green Jackfruit, canned and drained (I get mine from Trader Joes)
- In base of Microwave Pressure Cooker, stir together all ingredients except for the Jackfruit.
- Submerge chunks into sauce until they are covered in liquid. Seal and microwave on high power 10 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally, until pressure indicator is fully lowered, before opening, about 8 minutes.
- Mix and shred jackfruit using the silicone spatula. Allow to cool slightly to thicken.
- Serve shredded jackfruit and vinaigrette coleslaw on buns and serve
**Recipe yeild 4 hamburger size buns or 8 slider buns**
½ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ tsp. celery seed
½ tsp. black pepper
1 large green cabbage, about 1½ lbs./680 g, cored and quartered*
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
16-oz./455 g bag baby carrots
- Combine vinegar, oil, celery seed and pepper in 1-Qt./1 L Micro Pitcher. Cover and place in freezer at least 15 minutes, or until chilled.
- Set Mandoline round knob to #2, triangular knob to “lock” and select the straight v-shaped blade insert.
- Attach 1 quarter of cabbage to food guider and slice. Repeat with remaining quarters.
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage with sugar and salt.
- Transfer to microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high power 1 minute. Stir and microwave 1½ minutes more. Cabbage should be wilted by about 1/3.*
- Spin cabbage in Salad Spinner (or dry with paper towels) to dry, about 30–60 seconds. Return to large bowl.
- Place carrots in base of Power Chef™ System, fitted with blade attachment. Cover and pull cord to process until carrots are roughly chopped. Add to cabbage.
- Remove vinaigrette from freezer and pour over cabbage mixture and toss. Serve immediately or thoroughly chill in fridge about 1 hour before serving.
Order your Tupperware Fresh Finds at www.twcorinne.com, or message me at email@example.com/ today to schedule your own Tupperware Party (Facebook or in person) so that you can earn your products for FREE!