This week for Fresh Tip Tuesday I shared some fun facts about Leeks. Yes, that onion like vegetable that belongs to the lily family. Many people stay away from leeks or have never had them that I had to share. They have so many nutrients and health benefits from detoxifying your skin, to helping with digestion. But the really cool stuff is their place in history. For Example, did you know that Greeks and Romans loved leeks? Aristotle was known to eat leeks as well as Great Roman emperor Nero because it was said to strengthen their throat and enhance their voice. Leeks were very popular during the Middle Ages in Europe as well. Girls have slept with leek under their pillows on the St. David’s Day to see their future husbands in dreams. Single ladies! March 1st, you know what to do 🙂
This Potato Leek soup takes less than 20 mins and is quite yummy if I say so myself. Watch the click here and remember you can always get my Fresh Product Picks at www.twcorinne.com.
Potato Leek Soup
- 3-4 Leeks, white part only, sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 small head of cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Italian Herb Seasoning
- Braise leeks in MicroPro Grill for 3 mins until they are browned.
- Meanwhile, Add the potatoes, celery, cauliflower, seasoning and stock to the Tupperware Pressure Cooker.
- Add the cooked leeks and lock the lid in place and microwave on high for 15 mins.
- Remove from microwave once you have allowed the pressure to release naturally. (pressure indicator fully lowers,
about 10 minutes.)
- Purée half of the soup in Tupperware’s PowerChef.
- Pour the purée back into the pressure cooker to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cream and chives.
For a creamier, more elegant version of this rustic country dish, purée the entire mixture in the PowerChef.
Let me know what you think and remember I can always come make this for you at your own Tupperware Party where you get the products for Free and 1/2 off. At a distance? Schedule a Facebook Party with me today.