This week for Fresh Tip Tuesday we made Cinnamon Apple Crisp. After taking my girls to the mountains to go apple picking it just seemed like the right thing to share 🙂 I love apples. In fact, the first time I was on WBTV I shared some great facts about Apples and made a Rustic Apple Tart.
For example, did you know it takes 2 pounds of apples make one 9-inch pie? There is also a reason we have the saying “an apple a day will keep the doctor away.” Two-thirds of the fiber and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. So don’t peel them. Antioxidants help to reduce damage to cells, which can trigger some diseases. They are fat, sodium, and cholesterol free. Apples are also shown to help your memory since they contain high levels of boron, which stimulates electrical activity of the brain and increases mental alertness.
Watch this week’s clip on my Facebook Page here, and be sure to get my Fresh Product Picks at www.twcorinne.com
Cinnamon Apple Crisp
4-6 apples, cored and sliced
1 (21 oz.) box Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake & Muffin Mix **For the live video I used a Spice Cake and my own streusel mix by mixing 1/4 cup brown sugar with 4 tbsps of Tupperware’s Cinnamon Vanilla Seasoning**
1 stick butter, cut into pieces
Whipped cream or Ice cream if desired
1. In the base of the Tupperware Microwave Pressure Cooker add half the apples.
2. Pour half the Crumb Cake & Muffin Mix, and half the cinnamon mixture over apples.
3. Top with half the butter, repeat layers.
4. Secure cover onto base. Microwave on high power 15 minutes. Remove from microwave. Let stand 10
minutes or until pressure indicator valve is in the down position.
5. Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
The apples do cook down alot, so don’t be scared by how full the pressure cooker looks when you first layer and fill it up.
Let me know what you think and remember I can always come make this for you at your own Tupperware Party where you get the products for Free and 1/2 off. At a distance? Schedule a Facebook Party with me today.
This morning I was able to share this incredible recipe for Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding on WBTV morning news. I am always amazing how the preparation for my TV spots take so much time for the quick 3-5 mins on air. Then you get to rush to clean it all up lol. Nevertheless, it is always a pleasure to share what’s new in Tupperware with my Fresh Expert Twist.
Let me know what you think and what you would love to see on my next segments!!
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
1 loaf of Cuban bread, crust removed, cut into cubes
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
4 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. melted butter
1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
1⁄2 cup golden raisins
1. In the base of the Microwave Pressure Cooker, add bread, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, salt, cream, cinnamon, vanilla and melted butter.
3. Pour egg mixture onto bread cubes; mix well with hands, squeezing bread until egg mixture is soaked through. Stir in chocolate chips and raisins.
4. Lock cover in place and microwave on high power 12 minutes.
5. Remove from microwave, let stand until pressure gauge is in the down position, about 10 minutes. Remove cover, serve warm or at room temperature.
My daughter wasn’t feeling well today, and once she was all she wanted was something sweet. Chocolate Molten Lava Cake to be exact. So the pressure was on, but Tupperware’s amazing Pressure Cooker came to the rescue. We went live and you can watch the video here from when we made it. Below is the recipe ~ Let me know what you think!
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
1 pkg. Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1 2/3 cup water
3 large eggs
1/3 cup Canola Oil
2 cups cold 2% Milk
1 pkg. (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on Medium Speed for 2 mins. Put in the base of the pressure cooker. (we used Tupperware’s PowerChef to mix our ingredients up in the video)
In another bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix for 2 mins. Let stand for 2 mins or until soft-set. Spoon over cake batter; sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Seal and Microwave on high power for 10 mins in the pressure cooker.
Remove from microwave and allow pressure to release naturally until pressure indicator fully lowers, about 10-15 mins.